2010年9月19日 星期日

Apache County Fair features prime fun

Apache County Fair features prime fun


County fairs are at the core about agriculture - celebrations of the harvest season.

The Apache County Fair is no exception and given the number of young people who entered livestock this year it seems, in Apache County at least, interest in agriculture is not waning.

More tags for livestock entries were issued this year than in any of the last 17 years, according to County extension agent Mike Hauser. He tagged 114 animals (steers, pigs, goats and lambs) for 79 4-H kids.

There were a dozen or so winners but every one of the young people showing the animals they raised was a winner, according to show judge Bill Nobles of Pagosa Springs,The replica watches new york are very popular with the men around the world because their beautiful design and cheap price. Colo.

Participation in 4-H is "first and foremost about education,,we achieved good development in business replica sunglasses." according to Hauser.

"The 4-H idea is simple: help young people and their families gain the skills they need to be proactive forces in their communities' and develop ideas for a more innovative economy," is how the century old national organization describes itself.

The top winners in the livestock shows were Joshua Bryan,More admiration will be got from others even though you are wearing luxury replica watch. Junior All-Around Champion Showman; and Holly Bond, Senior All-Around Champion Showman.

As part of the 4-H program, entrants submit a "record book." A primary "keepsake" item in the record book is a written story. "The story is designed to the 4-H member's personal reflections about his/her experience," according the format instruction page each 4-H member receives. This year the members were told to write a story from the point of view of their project. Those entering livestock were to present the story through the eyes of their animals.

Excerpts from the stories show that 4-H doesn't dull a sharp sense of humor.

Toby Weaver's steer, Buckwheat forecast his success. "I am hoping to make my owner Toby proud by winning him Grand Champion. I consider myself a very popular, extremely handsome steer," Buckwheat wrote. "I also consider myself leader of the barnyard except for that big ol' fat horse Lynus who is always picking on me." Buckwheat also was peeved with one the Weaver's dogs, Queenie who he described as "the most annoying little yappy dog I have ever heard..."

Elvis Presley, Dawson Avila's steer, described a surgical procedure that refocused his attention. "When I was a baby some men made me think about grass instead of heifers," Presley writes.

Hailey Greer's pig, describes Hailey as "the gorgeous and heroic 11 year old." But Hailey's pig didn't include her own name in her story. The pig also is concerned about her future. "I'm a little worried. I heard she is going to sell me or something. But she says that some nice new owners are going to take me to a nice place and everything will be fine in the end. But for some reason, she told me this with a tear in her eye. I hope it is just allergies."

Mylea McBride's goat, Linus,You had better not to show off your expensive tag heuer formula 1 replica watches in public places, because it is likely to give rise to robber’s attention. was glad to escape the rough and tumble life of rodeo. "When I first met Mylea, all she wanted to do was throw me down and tie me," wrote Linus. "See I was a rodeo goat. Mylea's mom and dad suggested that she could use me as a show goat for 4-H. All I know is I was glad when I saw that throwing me down and tying me was not part of 4-H."

沒有留言:

張貼留言