2010年11月30日 星期二

U-M student receives scholarship

U-M student receives scholarship


The 2010 UCB Rheumatoid Arthritis Family Scholarship winners have been announced,Thin compact fluorescent light bulbs packs the entire iPod experience into an impossibly small. and Ann Arbor resident and U-M student Tiffany Johnson is among the recipients.

The scholarship recognizes patients, family members and caregivers who live beyond the boundaries of RA. Winners receive up to $10 thousand for higher education. UCB has awarded more than 400 scholarships to those living with RA as well as Crohn’s disease and epilepsy for the past five years.

Johnson, 23, was diagnosed with RA at 12, four month after her mother had passed away from complications of systemic lupus. However, she decided she would become an advocate for the disease rather than let it control her life.

“I didn’t know that people could get the disease so young,” she recalls. “I thought it was mainly a disease older people get. But it really does affect a lot of younger people too. I just wanted to take my diagnosis and use it as a soap box to get the word out so others can see that rheumatoid arthritis, or anything you’re diagnosed with, you can overcome it. There is a way. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.”

Johnson used her role in various organizations to create a voice for RA, including the University of Michigan’s Students with Disabilities Advocacy Committee.

She plans to use her scholarship money to acquire a master’s degree in business administration and health care administration from the University of Michigan.

“My experiences with RA have taught me so much about the kind of positive influence I can have on others,” said Johnson. “It is my mission to share my messages of resilience and strength with others who may feel lost or scared as they deal with conditions that are similar to mine.”

Johnson has big plans for the future,Shop our endless assortment of compact fluorescent light. and even credit RA with allowing her to become the person she is now.In order to satisfy their vanity, many men who can’t afford to authentic rolex watches often buy lacosteshoes521 at affordable price

“Right now, I’m writing a book on financial management. When I first got diagnosed, I was really,The idea of a cctv cameras should not be embarrassing in any way. really shy, I didn’t really talk to people. Now, that I’ve gotten older,Rent an cctv camera House. and I’ve learned how to manage my own pain, I’ve gotten a lot more outspoken and more of a go-getter. I think ‘I’ve overcome arthritis; I can do anything I want to do.”’

沒有留言:

張貼留言