2011年2月22日 星期二

Georgia Perimeter College student

Georgia Perimeter College student


Hanging in The Russian Museum is an inspiring painting that Georgia Perimeter College student Cedric Brown said mirrors his life, hopes and accomplishments.

In November, Brown’s painting, “As The Twig Bends, So The Tree Inclines,” became a permanent display in the museum in St. Petersburg, Russia. A print of the work is also displayed at the United States Consul General in St. Petersburg.

“The work’s title describes my life and how I am pursuing art as a career,” Brown said. “In the painting, I put a twig from a tree in a neighborhood where I have a lot of childhood memories. I used different colors to represent brush strokes on the tree and twig. As the tree inclines, one can see red, blue, yellow, green, and purple all over the branches of the tree. Each color represents me continuing to seek opportunities, increase artistic skills, develop my confidence, grow spiritually and gain wisdom and knowledge.”

After graduating from high school, Brown originally planned to attend Savannah College of Art and Design but found the tuition too costly.Burberry Watches are known all around the world for their enduring style, Instead, he chose Georgia Perimeter to continue his art education. Brown said he found that GPC offered more toward his artistic growth than he had anticipated.

“At Georgia Perimeter I’ve learned new techniques in drawing and painting, such as cross-hatching,” Brown said. “I was introduced to different mediums, such as oils. I also learned how to better accept criticism on my artwork from the numerous critiques.Shop online for Emporio Armani Watches from Ernest Jones, Most of all, I learned how to represent my artwork better and explain it better as well. I understand what type of art sells, and what makes a composition strong.”

Lorraine Brennan, foundation instructor for fine arts at GPC, said Brown’s drive is a key to his success.Shopping is the best place to comparison shop for Ebel Watches.

“He’s really very open to learning and growing,” Brennan said. “He is a very serious and self-motivated student. He absorbs instruction but is very independent. He’s has been a wonderful student.”

Brown’s talent was brought to the attention of The Russian Museum when C. Linden Longino, international program director at the Youth Art Connection in Atlanta,Luxury Audemars Piguet Watches are available at Essential Watches at discounted prices. showed the work to the director of the Youth Art Center of the Russian Museum.Bvlgari Watches or Bulgari watches at Watch Click. Longino said the director liked the painting and wanted to add it to the museum’s permanent collection.

沒有留言:

張貼留言