2011年2月28日 星期一

Nick Muha is a junior

Nick Muha is a junior


Nick Muha is a junior on the South Brunswick High School basketball team. A solid player last year who averaged 9.3 points and close to the same amount of rebounds per game as a sophomore, big things were expected of Nick this coming season.

But, because of a back injury suffered in football, he has not been cleared to play. Yet during every game, Nick is there rooting for team, offering encouragement and even serving as waterboy.

As a freshman, Muha suffered a herniated disc during the football season. Healed enough to play as a sophomore, Muha made it through his sophomore season, then entered his junior year as one of the Vikings’quarterbacks.

When the eighth game of the season took place, Muha hurt his back again while warming up against East Brunswick.New and authentic Blancpain Watches for sale, With the winner qualifying for the NJSIAA playoffs and the loser playing a consoltation game,Breguet Watches have joined a unique history of timepieces . Muha tried his best to play in the biggest game of the season.

Late in the second quarter, it got to the point where he could not even walk. Not only was his football season over, but his football career was over as well (more on that later).

When basketball season came around, Muha was hopeful of playing, but the back was not responding, so he kept waiting for clearance. Just recently, he became cleared to practice.

“It was so frustrating because I thought I would able to play at some point in the season,’’ said Muha. “But I did anything I could to help the team. At first I would just sit and watch in practice, but as I began to feel a little better, I took part in the passing and shooting drills. I just love being around the team, but it’s been very frustrating because I feel great. I’ve been to every game and about 90 percent of the practices.Official B.R.M Watches store with full collection of Men's and ladies'watches. The only times I missed practice was because of a doctor’s appointment.’’

Muha said if the Vikings were able to make a run in the GMC Tournament and in the State Tournament, he may have been able to play, but there was not enough time after the team lost in the GMCT quarterfinals to Piscataway.

As far as football goes for his senior year, Muha will not be able to compete due to the nature of the sport.

“It’s not my decision,Quality Fossil Watches at discount prices. but it’s the decision of my parents and my doctors,’’ said Muha. “It’s going to kill me not being able to play. I’ll be with the team working out and helping out, by I realize the importance of the decision because of my health when I get older.’’

Here’s the good news for Nick Muha. He has been cleared to play his best sport, baseball.

“Baseball is my No. 1 sport, so I am so happy I’ll be able to play,’’ said Muha. “I play catcher, which is probably the worst position to play for my back, but that’s my position.Burberry Watches are known all around the world for their enduring style,’’

沒有留言:

張貼留言