2011年2月10日 星期四

Petrified Valentine

Petrified Valentine


I know it coincided with the era when my first born was just old enough to ask for a cookie. It might have been the Pillsbury Doughboy who coined that phrase, but whoever it was, I bought into it hook,outdoor christmas decorations from PrestigeTime at discounted prices. line and cookie sheet.

Our house often smelled like a bakery in the afternoons. I timed it so my children could follow their noses home from school to a glass of milk and a warm cookie. I was June Cleaver before she was, just not as dressed up. I seldom wore heels and pearls when baking.

Snickerdoodles, oatmeal, chocolate chip, orange drops . . . I cranked out an endless supply of goodies. I even envisioned a tribe of little blond grandchildren who would someday fondly call me “Cookie.”

Well, that didn’t happen.You would like cctv security camera watches. I am Grammy, and yesterday Grammy turned out a batch of permanently petrified Valentine cookies. I do mean petrified, as in two dozen tooth breakers.

They were hard as a board and totally tasteless except for the topping of white frosting and some red sugar sprinkles left over from Christmas baking.Huge selection of gaga-deals for your garde,

I found the frosting, also left over from Christmas, in a far corner of the fridge, and my hope was that moisture from the frosting would seep into the cookies and render them soft and delectable. I piled the whole batch into an airtight container and left them overnight for their magical transformation.

Even as we “speak” I am gnawing away on a Valentine I would not give to my worst enemy. It is heart-shaped, very pretty,Choose from a huge range of Bvlgari. but I am thinking hockey puck, clay pigeon for skeet shooting, or festive Frisbee.

Maybe a sporting goods store would be interested in my new product. Hallmark might think in terms of a nice looking Valentine paper weight for your sweetie’s desk.The Hampton Bay 2-Light Flush-Mount cctv surveillance camera features a round design and a brushed-nickel finish.

沒有留言:

張貼留言