2011年4月26日 星期二

I'm wearing a terrorist watch

I'm wearing a terrorist watch


Turns out the government's concerned about the threat possibilities of a low-tech piece of equipment--one that I just discovered on my own wrist.
Around the time I started working at CNET, I bought a Casio watch from my local Duane Reade pharmacy. My other watch broke, I just had a kid, and having a watch made things easier: no fishing for my iPhone while holding the baby,covert spy camera is proudly powered by WordPress MU running. plus it had a stopwatch for timing feedings.How much money does it take to screw in a compact fluorescent light bulb?

Who knew my watch would become this infamous?
According to training document on Wikileaks, the Casio F91W watch was worn on the wrist of a large number of Guantanamo Bay detainees, and has been linked to the manufacture of explosive devices. As I read this story, I glanced down at my very similar-looking watch, then checked the model number. It was different.

Of course, then I read that the document includes the metal-banded A159W, too. Mine is technically the A158W. Still, it's essentially the same watch.

What does this all mean? Will I now get an extra shakedown at airports? Will my watch be removed? The truth is, there are several good reasons anyone--detainees, myself, or otherwise--would use this watch: it's cheap, versatile,accent lighting is lighting that emphasizes an area of or an object in a room. and reliable.Amazing selection of deck lighting to fit everyone's personal style. I can't remember the last time a cheap little gadget was given such an ignominious label, especially one that can be gotten for so little at nearly any corner store.

Despite its apparent newfound fame in security circles, I won't be taking my Casio off.compact fluorescent light bulbs use less energy, last longer and cost less to use than standard incandescent bulbs. It works well. It doesn't cause me problems. Hopefully, neither will my next airport security check.




沒有留言:

張貼留言