2011年4月26日 星期二

In-Game Advertising's Big New Play

In-Game Advertising's Big New Play


So does Dave Madden, although his opinions are of a milder hue. He's the new head-honcho at EA's grandly named Global Marketing Solutions Group. To say that his job is to sell ads and stick them into games would be both entirely accurate and grossly unfair.

Sure,How much money does it take to screw in a compact fluorescent light bulb? EA wants to sell advertising,accent lighting is lighting that emphasizes an area of or an object in a room. but Madden understands that the 2005 concept of shoe-horning some miserable retailer's logo into a mall-shoot-out scene, again and again and again, is not the way forward. In fact,Amazing selection of deck lighting to fit everyone's personal style. Madden's vision sounds a lot like good sense.
I'll illustrate his ideas with a story. Last month I bought the excellent MLB At Bat for iPad. Alas, I am not a subscriber to MLB's TV streaming service (MLBTV) so I was unable to access this 'extra' part of the package. But the good people at BMW decided to give MLB a bunch of cash so I could watch a month's worth of baseball games, for free.

Now, I count this as a favor and it makes me feel good about BMW. I have also been exposed to some propaganda about their products which I otherwise would have avoided. Bravo BMW. Who says the Germans are no fun?
Take this model to, say, Xbox Live. A piece of DLC sits there waiting for your purchase. You can buy it.covert spy camera is proudly powered by WordPress MU running. Or you can watch some ads and play a version with some branding built in, for FREE.

So at this point, I am apologetically picking up our old pal "in-game advertising" and dusting my shoe marks off its raincoat. I'm inviting it back into the kitchen for a glass of lemonade. It might not be such a bad chap after all.
Here's the nub. If you give the people something for nothing that they would otherwise have paid for, everybody's happy.

Madden says, "This is the right place where brands can get involved and still have the user be in an opt-in situation.compact fluorescent light bulbs use less energy, last longer and cost less to use than standard incandescent bulbs. Where they can choose to get additional content courtesy of brands. I would like to posit [free DLC] as a legitimate opportunity for game publishers and advertisers to really have a great experience for users."

沒有留言:

張貼留言